Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tis the Season


Christmas festivities are the best. Family and cookies and decorated trees and wrapping paper and the music. I love it all. The best part is that, because I have split families, I get to celebrate my second favorite holiday for several days.

This year the merriment started on Sunday with my dad’s side of the family. Although I live pretty close to most of them, I don’t see them very often. So any time we are all together is special to me. My cousin Brandon brought a few of my aunts to tears with his reading of a poem about Sandy Hook, and I loved having my uncle Brian praying over our family.

Later that night, my sisters and I came home to unwrap presents with Mom. Stockings are always my favorite part. It’s fun to see what little things Mom puts in them. After opening presents we finished up some cookies for the next day.

Christmas Eve as long as I can remember has always been spent at my grandparents’ house in Fox Lake. That side of the family is a crazy mix of fun and inappropriate and it makes for interesting holiday get-togethers. I love every single one of those goofballs.


Finally, I celebrated Christmas Day in West Allis with my step-family. Mamms has been sick lately, so it was nice to spend time with her and see her all dolled up. Even the puppies got dressed up for the occasion!

I love thinking about the wonderful family I am surrounded with. Many of my favorite memories are of holidays with them. So I know it’s important after reflecting on these Christmas celebrations to thank God for blessing me with this family, for welcoming me into His family, and for the gift of His son.

Happy Holidays, lovelies.

No comments: