Sunday, September 19, 2010

"I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not to read the same page recurrently."
-Donald Miller

I've been struggling ever since I got here with a desire to have my old life back. I hated everything about this place because none of it was anything like what my life used to look like. Sometimes the pain was so sharp it felt like I was grieving a death. I realize now, that's almost exactly what I was doing. The old Brittany had to die so that I could be here. It was necessary to kill my old self in order to break all the patterns I kept putting myself through and allow something new to be born. And I know that in order to keep moving forward I'm going to have to continue to die every day. I'm stepping away from who I was, but toward who I'm supposed to be.

No comments: