Friday, February 22, 2013

How He Loves

DSCN3098_edit2

You see this guy? I love him.

This week, when life got busy and I was overwhelmed, he poured out his love. He was not scared away when I cried on the couch, venting my frustrations. He was gracious and understanding when I fell asleep several nights in a row in the middle of our conversations. When I seemed to be near my breaking point, he reminded me of the things that calm me down. He suggested tea, hot showers, books, journaling, and prayer.

I am not used to being known and provided for with that kind of depth and care. The beautiful thing is that is who Adam is. It isn’t an act he puts on, or something he does in special circumstances. He is a loving caregiver to the very core.

I am truly blessed to receive that kind of love every day.

No comments: