Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bon Voyage

During my freshman year at Trinity International University, I had the opportunity to participate in a mission trip to Taizé, France. It was truly a life-changing experience for me as I got to participate in Christian community, engage other cultures, and experience personal growth. While considering my options for junior year, I felt a tugging on my heart to return once again to the Taizé community. After a lot of prayerful consideration I applied for the trip and was accepted.

For the next week and a half (February 28 - March 9, 2013) I will be joining a team of students and staff from Trinity to take part in this short-term journey. My time in France will be spent in two places: Paris and Taizé. For the first day and a half and the last day of this trip I will be in Paris. The Louvre, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, Montmartre, the Eiffel Tower: I love it all.

france collage2

The majority of this trip, however, takes place in the Taizé community. While there, I will eat, sleep, pray, and study the Bible with other young adults from around the world. My day will consist of three prayer services; small jobs around the grounds; afternoon Bible studies; and a lot of time for personal reflection, walking through the countryside, and/or hanging out with all of the visitors.

france collage3

I am absolutely overjoyed to be returning to this place that holds such significance in my heart. And I would love for you to keep me and those who travel with me in your prayers this week. More specifically, I could use prayers for my health (I have had a cold for the last six days). My team and I also ask that you prayer for safe travels, safety while overseas, and for hearts and minds that are open to whatever the Lord has for us in this season. Thank you all so much!

No comments: