Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Open Sea Before Me

I had every intention to make a big announcement today, but due to some lack of planning on my part (oops) it's not ready. I'll just save it for next week possibly.

In other news, classes started last week and I couldn't be more excited about my course load. This semester I will be spending a lot of time learning about and practicing discipleship, communication, and counseling skills -things I will need to be an effective Christian counselor.

These days it seems like everything is lining up perfectly to prepare me for my future. I finally have a vision of what my career path might look like, and if you have been following me since freshman year of college you know how big of a deal that is. My major and emphases have been changed several times in these three years of undergrad, but this one feels different (better) than the rest. More than a feeling, I can see how the experiences and gifting of my life have led me in this direction. The greatest thing is that I am constantly being affirmed in this area by those around me. It feels so good.

To be clear, I'm not pretending to have it all figured out. I still have no idea in what context I might want/be called to counsel. I don't know if grad school will be part of the picture. It's just relieving to finally have some sense of direction, some vision or purpose to help me push through.

Praising God for His continued work in my life,

No comments: