Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Something Beautiful

My world could use a little more beauty lately, so I thought I would share with you some of the ways I am trying to do that.

I added this little number to my desk. I am obsessed with bunting these days. Little flags on string makes everything a little bit cuter. This one is made out of black and white polka-dot washi tape (another one of my obsessions), some left over scrapbook paper, and black yarn. Doesn't it make the desk super cute?



Ever since Meghan and I moved in I have been trying to think of something to do with this big empty wall space. I had a few ideas (some bigger bunting running from the desk to the bed, a black and white picture of the two of us, a giant painted canvas with a special quote or verse, or an inspiration board). In the end I decided to use our color scheme and our initials for some customized decorations.



I bought the frames from Dollar Tree (cheap, perfect!) and used scrapbook paper for the background and letters. I love love love how they turned out! I'm thinking about putting a large black and white photo of the two of us above the frames. What do you think?



I recently discovered that if my nails are painted, I'm like 348945 times less likely to bite them (that has been a problem since I was little). If you're a Facebook friend you may have noticed my Blackhawks/Pokeball nails earlier. They were so fun! But it was time for a change. Here's the new look:



So cute, right? They were inspired by this big blanket that Mom made me for Christmas.



These things are so small and so simple, but they really brighten my mood. Especially when it's so cold and dull outside. I have had a blast tapping into my creative side too. Win-win!

Have you been doing any crafty, creative things lately? I wanna see!

No comments: