Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Cheesy Valentine

Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!

I feel like most people fall into one of two categories when it comes to Valentine’s Day: people who love it and people who hate it. Of course, there are people in the middle and people who change their opinions from year to year depending on situations, but I think the majority of people will align themselves with one of these mentalities. Personally, I love all things Valentine’s (except conversation hearts, because…just, yuck).

**If you don’t like Valentine’s Day, please feel free to ignore this post. It’s full of some lovey dovey cute things and I wouldn’t want you to vomit.

Seriously though, I love giving and receiving cute little cards, eating ALL THE THINGS covered in chocolate, seeing people get flowers and fun care packages. I love the red and pink and hearts everywhere. I think it’s a great reminder to let people know you love them, and I mean all the important people in your life, not just a significant other. And it’s also a good excuse to go out and do something fun and/or fancy.

I appreciate Valentine’s Day even more this year because I have someone absolutely wonderful with which to share it. And as my head was filled with all things lovey dovey in the last two weeks (yes, I was totally in V-Day mode two weeks ago already) I couldn’t help but think of some fun ways to make this holiday a special one. Although we aren’t able to spend the day together (he works, I babysit) we still got to see each other yesterday. So I asked him to officially be my Valentine by giving him a bag of Cheetos with this note:

cheesy valentine

Of course, he said yes. :)

We will also be making dinner together tomorrow, then attending a banquet/fundraiser for the ministries we are both involved in, and then ending the night with some ice skating. So fun!

Question(s) of the Week: How will you be spending your Valentine’s Day? What is your favorite kind of chocolate (since that’s what this holiday is really about, am I right)?

No comments: